Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Snark. Round 2

Ohman. What a day.

Started out decently enough. Decided that the bathroom needed to be bleached - bleach apparently gives me nosebleeds. Good to know for future reference. Then it was time to get kiddo to his one year well baby appointment. His appointment went very very well. He weighs 20lbs 15ozs, is 30 1/2" tall, and his head circumference is in the 99th percentile - yeah he's a rock star.

Then, shots. Oy. Four shots and kiddo was NOT happy 😢
still though, we were ok, the crying was expected and he stopped as soon as the shots were over...

The final part of the day was kiddos lab work. A "finger stick" as was explained to us. Ok. Only one parent allowed in the lab with kiddo; since I was the bad guy for the shots Zach went back for the finger stick. In the waiting area I hear the NCOIC (that's the non commissioned officer in charge for those of you non mil folks) say "hey get one of the students that needs a finger stick" uhm. ok. I'm very ok with student doctors and nurses, and it's a finger stick. Can't be THAT difficult. Right? I was obviously wrong. First off yes it's a finger stick, but it's a finger stick and then squeeze until you fill a vial. Zach said the first one (done by a non student) was at least 35 drops. Did I mention kiddo was screaming the whole time? Still thought Zach said it was decently fast. Then, the student. She almost dropped the vial repeatedly. Could hardly hold kiddos hand. Took AT LEAST 15 minutes. When Zach carried kiddo back out he has blood all over his hand and even some on Zach's uniform!! So we go to the pharmacy to get Tylenol in case of fever due to the vaccines - poor baby finally stops crying and falls asleep. We get to the car to discover that Zach has a voicemail. It's the NCOIC saying that we needed to come back. The sample done by the student had clotted because it had taken her so long and they couldn't use it. What. The. Fuck.

Zach went in and got complaint forms and the NCOIC claimed to not know the students name. Right.

So we are going back tomorrow so poor kiddo can have this finger stick done again.

Zach is going with me cause I am pretty sure if I were I see the student I would not have the best reaction.

Ugh.

In other news Sugar has a sick stomach.

I will need coffee tomorrow. Lots of coffee.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment