Monday, October 29, 2012

sleep? pretty sure that's a myth

kinda like unicorns and the tooth fairy... I'm sure at some point I will get back on some sort of sleep schedule but as of right now it's 1240am and I am AWAKE.

laundry in progress.
dishes put away.
started cleaning out the hall closet upstairs (kinda scary).
*sigh*
so now I am in bed with a sleeping kiddo on my lap after he just won another round in the battle to get him off of the boob...
and my mind is going a zillion different directions at once...

I blame the medication. or lack thereof.

For those of you playing the home game I am on a low grade pain medication called ultram. It works better for me than a lot of others - one thing it's safe for breast feeding (and before you go all md online drug search on me I have checked the infant risk people and it's ok) and its on formulary with my insurance so on post it's free - much needed since finances are super tight.

The dr I see for pain - btw those of you who have one dr that will treat you for everything (Dr.Fannin in Pikeville - I miss that man) hang onto them. I have more drs here than I have sense some days. 😕
Really. I have my PCM (primary care manager) but I can and do see one of the PAs at her office. Then I have my GYN although then guy I saw last time was just "on loan" to the clinic cause they were insanely over booked so when I go back I will see someone different and most likely be told that I have to start being seen off post (that's a whole different blog). Then I have my "pain management" dr that has referred me to a physical therapist. Oh, I was also referred to a different physical therapist by my GYN. Toss a psychiatrist into the mix and it's a hell of a party.
Back to the original point of this particular paragraph - the dr I see for pain wants to switch my meds but the jury is out on whether my insurance will pay so we will see...

*blink* *sips tea*

my brain is my own worst enemy most of the time...

now it tells me that I need to stop blogging for a bit and head downstairs to check on the laundry...

I have thought about doing some back story blogs since I went off the radar for a bit after college... what do you all think about that?

hugs and loves - R


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that idea! Back stories!! At least you are being productive!

    ReplyDelete